A joyous tribute to the baby brokers, flesh peddlers, kidnappers and child traffickers who make it all possible! Hallelujah!
A pat on the back to all the egocentric, affluent, privileged who can afford to use their money to exploit and destroy families instead of using it to help them battle the crisis they face....and a major recruitment effort to encourage more and more and more loss and grief. Yipee!
Americans will tsk tsk as numbers of kids allegedly languishing in orphanages worldwide and photos of foster kids are USED (in the most negative sense of that word) in every form of media and venue eager to focus on this heartwarming save-the-children story...while in reality those in need are ignored and left behind because they are too old, or to "damaged" or because their mothers are too close by. Whoopie!
So what will do about it?
The Adopted Feminist has a brilliant idea for "those of who find nothing to celebrate in adoption... those of us for whom adoption just equates with grief and loss... those of us who want adoption stopped" or drastically changed!
She (or he) came up with some things that might help us deal with it:
- Sign up to National Blog Posting Month and blog your feelings around adoption every day for a month
- Light a candle for someone or something you lost through adoption
- Make a collage
- Raise money for a family preservation charity
- Write a letter to someone adoption separated you from
- Volunteer for a charity that mentors/supports families at risk of family breakdown
- Plant a rose
- Take a whole day out of your life to pamper yourself in
- Buy yourself a book on dealing with adoption issues
Here are mine:
- Call a freind you know is suffering adoption loss
- Support a unmarried mother
- Wear black all month (or a black arm band) and hope lost of people ask you why
- Donate to an organization such as Origins-USA, the ONLY voice of activism for mothers who lost children to adoption
- Write to Hillary Clinton and Michelle and Barack Obama; your Senators, Congresspersons and Representatives and tell them to stop increasing the tax credit every year: For details and letter-writing suggestions, go to: Fight Proposed Adoption Tax Increase
- Donate to SOS Village or Save the Children - organizations that help children remain with their families!
- Write letters to the editor of your local newspaper
- Remember that the best revenge is not letting the
bastardsevil doers get you down!
- Explain Family Preservation to as many people as you can (see explanation in right hand column here)
- Pass this one. Blog all month. Be a myth-buster!