Oh Lord, won't you buy me a baby named Jen?
My friends all are pregnant, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won’t you buy me a a baby boy, Ben?
April 26, 2009
Cafe Mom Blog Post covers the story of Rebecca Sue Taylor, 19, of West Virginia who tried to sell her 5-month-0old baby for $10,000 because he didn't bond with her. The alleged buyer told her she was going to use a surrogate.
Cafe Mom asks: Is it OK it sell your baby?
Honest to God, REAL selected COMMENTS:
- - "And really, is that so much different than placing a child for adoption?"
- - "9 mths she carried that baby and took care of her from the inside, if she wants compensation for all of her hard work then I think that is fine."
- - "It's not like she was trying to kill her baby. She was trying to give it to somebody who wanted a baby and still take care of herself. I don't think what she did was so bad."
- - "I really don't think it is wrong for the bio mom to recieve some amount to help her start a new life if she gives up her baby for adoption. Social agencies and lawyers all profit handsomely by the adoption process."
- - "I think in a difficult living, everyone can do anything, like sell her baby, and it is more better her baby can live health with new parent....."
April 30, 2009 Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick announced they are expecting twins - via surrogacy. It is reported that they paid the surrogate $30k and the agency another $100k. It has also been reported that SJP of Sex and the City fame allegedly decided this was good idea after her hubby was rumored to be cheating.
Question: when you hire a surrogate and she delivers twins - do you pay double? Are you committed to keeping both?
April 30, 2009 ( A real busy baby buying day!) AP reports on a 4-year old girl taken into custody because she was sold at birth for $6,000. Born to David, 38, and Angela Schmidt, 33, of Clinton, Mo. Their lawyer says they were "misled" and thought it was a legal surrogacy.
Seems we have succeded in eroding all lines of morality and decency.
Toddlers just...fifty bucks.
Nice house, pool, and pets
I don't smoke no cigarettes
Ah, but..two hours of pushin' broom
Buys me a kid of my own
I'm a man of means by no means
King of the crib.
And then of course the birdman surrogate: Four years after the 58 year old single man left a hospital with twin girls, a bird and no car seats... Stephen Melinger's adoption has been overturned. The girls Melinger he named Karen and Kathy, who were were born in 2005 from a South Carolina surrogate using a sperm donor and delivered in an Indiana hospital and then taken to New Jersey.
The following is a direct, unaltered quote from Child Law:
"the surrogate's attorney, Steven C. Litz (who $olicit$ client$ and $urrogate mother$ on the Internet) completed over 20 adoption$ before the $ame judge in the la$t $everal year$."
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
In the rich man's world
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world