Friday, March 25, 2011

Mothers' Day 2011

You may have noticed that my blog postings have slowed down a bit lately. That is because I am engaged in a number of adoption-related projects that i will be announcing as each comes to the point of public announcement.  First off...

Mothers' Day is a challenge for all of us. This year I will be spending it doing something very unique!

May 8, 2011 I am taking the first step in a FOUR YEAR commitment to enlighten the Unitarian Universalist congregations about the denial of equality to adopted citizens.

I will be presenting at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Princeton at 10:20am. This presentation is a requirement to obtain congregational support of the issue so I can then go forward and present it through the NY/NJ/CT region and eventually to the UUA for support.

Unitarians are notoriously liberal and support marriage equality and all issues of equality for the LGBT community. This is a natural for them...but something new to them. 


HOW YOU CAN HELP?
  • Members of the adoption community - especially those who are Unitarian or friends/supporters of the Unitarian principles - let me know if you would like to join me if and when I come to your area
 Stay posted for news about other exciting projects!

No comments:

RussiaToday Apr 29, 2010 on Russian Adoption Freeze

Russi Today: America television Interview 4/16/10 Regarding the Return of Artyem, 7, to Russia alone

RT: Russia-America TV Interview 3/10

Korean Birthmothers Protest to End Adoption

Motherhood, Adoption, Surrender, & Loss

Who Am I?

Bitter Winds

Adoption and Truth Video

Adoption Truth

Birthparents Never Forget