If you have any doubts about adoption pricing babies by the color of their skin, read excerpts from
a blog post,
...but be prepared for a stomach turner!
- African-American Boy, Fees are $16K (includes legal fees)
- Caucasian: boy, will be born in MO, Fees will be $16-$20K + $4K living + legals, BM is reported to have clean social / medical history
- Caucasian: Girl, Will be born in VA, State to govern adoption will be FL, Due date June, $35-37K, BM social/medical background reported to be clean
- African-American: Sex Unknown, Will be born in MO, state to govern adoption will be MO, Due date is May, fees will be around $7,500+$2K
- Caucasian: Sex Unknown, will be born in FL, state to govern adoption will be FL, Due April 7, fee $20K + $8K
- African-American: boy, Fees are $16K (no legal fees), will be born in UT, Due April 16
And the very same day oneblogger was posting this "wealth" of information...another blogger admitted:
"There’s a saying that, 'Love makes a family.' Money sometimes makes a family on top of all that love. ....We’re buying a baby. It sounds a bit crass to describe it that way, but that’s what it boils down to. We were told to budget $25,000 to $30,000 to get our baby."
"Sitting Pretty: A Lesbian and Her Straight Thoughts about Money" then goes on to describes “Adopting from the U.S. foster care system is generally the least expensive type of adoption, usually involving little or no cost, and states often provide subsidies to adoptive parents."
But she disregards this, stating: "...we’ve quickly learned that money is another way of ensuring our preferences. 'Preferences' is the politically correct way of saying we want a white baby" [Emphasis mine].
So, look around folks - what are YOUR kids worth? What are YOU worth on the open, human trafficking market?
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.